Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.



Go to last post Go to first unread
#1 Posted : 12 September 2020 16:51:44(UTC)

Rank: Advanced Member


Groups: Club Members
Joined: 30/06/2015(UTC)
Posts: 385
United Kingdom
Location: Inverness

Thanks: 12 times
Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Sunday Gravel / MTB Ride

AS EXPECTED, RIDE CANCELLED DUE TO ADVERSE WEATHER. We'll try again another day folks!

** WEATHER DEPENDENT! ** The current forecast for tomorrow indicates heavy rain showers, which will make some of the tracks a bit treacherous depending on people's bike/tyre setup. I'll update this post before 9am tomorrow with a yes/no as to whether it is going ahead. Please check back in before setting off!

Please note that due to Covid-19, this ride is restricted to club members only. Members must not attend a ride if they have Covid-19 symptoms, have someone in their household who does, are in the extremely vulnerable category, or if they have been asked to remain at home by the Scottish Government Test Protect system or are subject to foreign travel quarantine restrictions.

Meet at Fairways roundabout just of the Distributor Road at 0950hrs for a 1000hrs departure. Please ensure social distancing guidelines are observed. ***note the later than usual start time***

The route will be similar to last week, around 34 miles (can be seen on club strava account), possibly with some slight changes to avoid the wettest/muddiest tracks on the route. The route can also be shortened as necessary.

Owing to Covid-19, more time is needed to plan club activities so this ride will be closed at 8am on Sunday (13th September). Anyone posting after that or turning up without posting will not be allowed to take part. Please post only if you are committed to coming along. The ride will be run in accordance with the club Covid-19 protocol which was been circulated to members. Please read it carefully as health, safety and wellbeing is paramount. If anyone has not received their copy, then please contact the club secretary.

Please remember to carry an appropriate means to cover your face and sanitise your hands as per the protocol.

Also note that if there are no takers (understandable given the forecast!) by 8am tomorrow I'll cancel the ride.


Edited by user 13 September 2020 07:18:14(UTC)  | Reason: Cancellaton of ride

Users browsing this topic
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.