Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Andrew  
#1 Posted : 12 April 2018 08:37:26(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Registered, Club Members
United Kingdom

Hello everyone, I'm Andrew.

I am moving to Inverness to live and work from this weekend and as an experienced road cyclist the first thing on my priorities list for my new home is finding and joining the local cycle club!

I have been riding for many years and enjoy the friendliness of a good club ride just as much as a fast chain gang, a painful time trial and racing. I'm a cat 3 BC licence holder and keep telling myself that if I get my finger out I can still improve. At least I escaped from the Cat 4 axe murderers in double quick time!!

As a current resident of Lincoln, I'm expecting much more interesting terrain in the area and hoping that some of the climbs will help the training for my annual pilgrimage to the French Alps to test myself against the Col's.

As soon as the membership form is sent off I'll be planning to come along to a Saturday/Sunday or Thursday ride to properly introduce myself.

That's all for now and I'm very much looking forward to riding with the club.

Andrew.

james.h  
#2 Posted : 12 April 2018 09:30:34(UTC)
james.h

Groups: Club Members
Man
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 4 time(s) in 4 post(s)
Hi Andrew - welcome!

Sounds like you'll be absolutely fine on our club rides, including the Thursday chain gangs which will probably start up towards the end of this month. The terrain is indeed interesting and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

Also - there's no need to wait for the membership to be completed before joining us; we encourage people to come along to a couple of our rides to see how they like it before joining. You'll be most welcome!

Regards,
James
Andrew  
#3 Posted : 12 April 2018 11:04:10(UTC)
Andrew

Groups: Registered, Club Members
United Kingdom

Thanks James, I'll look forward to meeting you. Let's hope the promised spring weather arrives at the same time as I do!

Andrew.