Welcome Guest! To enable all features please Login or Register.

Notification

Icon
Error

Options
Go to last post Go to first unread
Jemima K31  
#1 Posted : 03 January 2019 12:23:05(UTC)
Jemima K31

Groups: Pending
United Kingdom

Hello,

Looking to join a cycle club after recently moving to Inverness. I have been recovering from a sport injury and operation on my foot but really keen to get back into cycling to improve fitness etc. Really keen to find out about all the rides that happen.

Fairly experienced as used to be in a club in Edinburgh, cycling up tp 60-80 miles on a ride. However this was 2 years ago and would be keen to get on shorter rides to build myself up again.

Any advice, details of near future rides would be much appreciated! Wasn't sure who to contact!!

Jemima

Edited by user 03 January 2019 12:23:56(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MarkW  
#2 Posted : 04 January 2019 12:27:38(UTC)
MarkW

Medals:  Member 2016: ICC Member 2016

Groups: Club Members
United Kingdom

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 3 post(s)
Hi Jemima,

Thanks for getting in touch - you'd be very welcome to join us for any of our rides.

We have regular club social rides on Saturdays throughout the year (with a cafe stop) - at the moment these are typically around 45-55 miles, getting longer as the weather improves in the spring. These are all posted on the forum a day or so beforehand, so please just reply to the post if you'd like to come along.

As the evenings get lighter in April, we also have shorter development rides on Monday nights (which are very popular and usually around 20-35 miles), along with chaingangs on Thursday nights and occasional TTs on Tuesdays. Again, these are all notified on the forum, so please just let us know if you're coming along.

I hope this helps - and see you on a ride sometime soon!

Best wishes,

Mark
Jemima K31  
#3 Posted : 04 January 2019 14:23:00(UTC)
Jemima K31

United Kingdom

Hi Mark,

Many thanks, If there is one going out on Sat 19th I'd be keen to join so I will keep an eye out. A while ago 45-55miles wouldnt have been a problem but with fitness as it is I am worried ill hold you up. However ill spin class and get out on my own beforehand whenever I can ;-)

See you soon!
J
sally  
#4 Posted : 04 January 2019 18:57:17(UTC)
sally

United Kingdom

Hi Jemima.
Its great to hear you are keen to get out with the club and I often ride with them on Saturdays. If however you are free on Sundays , Mondays or Tuesdays Im happy to show you around our local cycle routes.

Sally
Jemima K31  
#5 Posted : 04 January 2019 22:08:53(UTC)
Jemima K31

United Kingdom

Hi Sally thanks so much! Sadly the next two weekends I am tied up with commitments but hoping to get out with club on sat 19th. I work Mon - Fri either I would have loved to arrange something. When the nights get lighter id be up for a quick 20miles here and there!?

Hopefully meet you soon!